Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Compare and contrast cat. 6 unshielded twisted pair (UTP), coaxial, and single mode fiber optic cabling types. Describe one or two of the advantages and/or disadvantages associated with using each cable type for a business’s network infrastructure. Consider the (a) cost per foot or meter; (b) termination/installation cost; (c) bandwidth; (d) cable length/transmission distance; (e) end point devices (i.e., workstation, wireless access point, switch, router, server, SAN, etc.); (f) use – in-building horizontal or vertical; and (g) conversion or interface equipment. Be sure to support your information with the appropriate citation(s).The paper must use APA 6th ed., 7th printing formatting and contain a title page, 3 to 5 pages of content, and a minimum of three peer-reviewed references. Use the link about to submit your paper.Your assignment will be graded based on the rubric, which can be viewed when clicking on the assignment link.Assignment Resource(s):
- Horizontal Cabling Costs: Fiber vs. Copper Calculations – All-fiber networks often provide both short- and long-term cost benefits.
- The Difference between Fiber Optic Cable, Twisted Pair and Coaxial Cable
- Eight Advantages of Choosing Fiber Over Copper Cable – Choosing fiber optic cable over copper cable is often advantageous.
- Comparative Study between Fiber Optic and Copper in Communication – Here is a performance comparison between fiber optics and cable wire in communication.
- Chapter 4 – Transmission Media – Transmission media is discussed in Chapter 4.