Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Annotated Bibliography, Introduction, and Summary Paragraph: Seeking the Truth
The summative assignment for this course is a Final Paper, which is due in Week 5. To ensure proper preparation for this cumulative work and provide you with an opportunity for some initial feedback and guidance, you will prepare an annotated bibliography and an introduction this week. In addition, you will prepare a paragraph that includes any questions (etc.) you may have about the Final Paper.
Part I: The Annotated Bibliography: An annotated bibliography is a list of relevant scholarly works along with a descriptive and evaluative summary of each. Your annotated bibliography will relate information relevant to your analysis of the selected option provided for the Final Paper. Utilize the provided template. To view an example annotated biography click here.
- First, review the instructions for the Final Paper, which are located in Week 5 of the course. See also relevant Instructor Guidance and Announcements.
- Select a topic from the approved list.
- Locate a minimum of five relevant scholarly sources that will inform your understanding of the issue that you have chosen from the Ashford Library.
- Create a list of references and thoroughly read each article.
- Before beginning your writing, verify the scholarly nature of the articles you have chosen.
- Summarize each of your sources, appraising the information relevant to your chosen topic (two to three paragraphs). Use your own academic voiceand apply in-text citations. Be sure to consider the following information for each of your selected sources:
- Include a description and critical analysis of the content (e.g., unique information, findings, strengths/weaknesses, biases, limitations, overall conclusions).
- Include a succinct illustration of the relevance of this particular article to the topic you have chosen.
Part II: The Introduction and Summary Paragraphs
- Articulate the information you have learned from your review of the literature in the annotated bibliography by outlining an introduction that previews the paper and concludes with a clear thesis statement.
- Lastly, as a conclusion, compose an overall summary paragraph with questions you have, additional directions you plan to explore through your research, initial thoughts about the final paper, and any problems you are encountering or think you might encounter.
The Annotated Bibliography
- Must be at least three to five double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- A header
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must utilize academic voice.
- Must paraphrase material, avoiding direct quotes.
- Minimal quotes are used within the writing. (No more than 2-3 sentences.). For more information about how to synthesize your writing, please visit the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must address the topic with critical thought.
- Must include an overall summary paragraph including the required elements.
- Must use at least five peer-reviewed scholarly sources. Additional scholarly sources are encouraged. Be sure to integrate your research smoothly rather than simply inserting it.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined here and here.
- Must include a separate reference page that is formatted according to APA style.
- Must be submitted to Grammarly for review and correction prior to submitting.
- Location: Left Tab “Writing Center” in your course (See Week 2 Assignment for instructions how to access.) If you encounter any problems or